Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I Was Terrified For My Life

By Anonymous

This happened to me about two days back. I was meeting up with a friend after a very long time. He lived alone and not so far from my house. Due to my busy working hours and shift duties, I was unable to meet my closest friends who were just like me, who understood the other side of my life. We had a lot of catching up to do and things to share and talk, so i stayed till late at his home with one of our friends (a girl, who understood what we were going through). We all had a good meal and had a good conversation which led to us losing track of time.





It was just past 1 A.M. when I did eventually realise that it was in fact getting quite late and I had to go to work in the morning. Normally, if I go out on month Ramadan to my friend's place, I'd stay until 2 or 2:30 A.M. but I never knew what was in store for me that very night.

Anyway, so we all said our goodbyes to each other and my one of my girl friend left in a car, being that she was a girl and lives quite far away and as if she knew what might happen if she were to walk. As I was walking home, I rang my girlfriend while she was still in the car. I just wanted to talk to her until I reached home. Which made me feel that I wasn't all alone. While I was on the phone, I suddenly noticed someone lurking from behind. It wasn't only one but two people. I took a peak of who was following me and tried to Quicken up my speed of walking . I was shivering and my heart seems to beat faster than ever. At that very moment I knew something is gonna happen really wrong and that my whole life was under threat.

I told my friend who was still on the phone that I am being followed and that I don't what I should do. She told me to run. But I was too afraid to make any sudden moves as they might catch me and hurt me brutally and or maybe they might even kill me. I didn't have a clue what they wanted or what they had in mind to do to me.

One guy was tall and fair with black hair and wore a black t-shirt with white skinny jeans and looked like a drug dealer. other guy was a little bit shorter than the first guy.

They were yelling out, "Buddy... Stop!!!"

They were literally meters away from me... I was scared to death at that point, but luckily for me i have reached Majeedhi Magu at last. It was a releif for me to make it there but I knew I still had a long way to go. Majeedhi Magu is the main street where the majority of the shops are located and the street is very brightly light with heavy traffic.

I knew my life could be saved but now the question for me was to choose which road should I choose to reach home. One was a very narrow dark road which coincidentally was also a shorcut to my house, while the other was to go straight along Majeedhi Magu and taking a street where there were a lot of people. I almost took the shortcut as I always use that way to get home but I saw what was ahead of me, a dark road and then there is my home... and what was behind me, a man who would dare to kill me on the spot and I knew it wouldn't be a wise choice to choose this one option. I took the long way home. If it saves my life, thats all that matter to me at this point.

They were still following me and they were gaining speed. They yelled out, but I ignored and kept walking faster. Suddenly, they started running and instinctively I started to run as well. I quickly put my phone in my pocket and ran as fast and as far as i could and didnt look back until I was very, very close to home. I checked to see if they saw me go into my house. Luckily they were far too behind to see which house I went in to.

I rang my friend as soon as I got home and told her the rest of the story. I had ran all the way home, because I was terrified for my life.

I have never encountered anything like this in my life before and I really don't feel safe living in Male' anymore.

Maldives maybe a piece of heaven for the tourists who visits here, but it sure is a hell for people like us, who gets chased by people in the middle of the night when no one is around, and either get robbed or murdered.

I didn't report this to the police knowing that they will do nothing about it and that I rather not tell anybody other than my close friends. Until a friend asked me to let other Queer Maldivians be aware of the goings on by telling this story and in hopes that more would come forward and tell their stories.

I maybe safe for now, but the crime rate is increasing day by day in the Maldives. Stealing and abusing and all those bad stuff people do to others are increasing as well.

I hope I never see them again!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Free counters!
 
Proudly Supported by Rainbow Maldives | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | fantastic sams coupons