Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Breaking News: President Mohamed Nasheed Resigns


President Mohamed Nasheed has announced his resignation as President in a statement made to the public. He made the announcement after signing a letter of resignation addressed to the Speaker of the People’s Majlis as per the Constitution.

In his resignation statement, President Nasheed said:

“I believe if I continue as the President of the Maldives, the people of the country would suffer more. I therefore have resigned as the President of Maldives”.

“I wish the Maldives would have a consolidated democracy. I wish for justice to be established. My wish is for the progress and prosperity of the people,” he said.

via The President's Office

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Free counters!
 
Proudly Supported by Rainbow Maldives | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | fantastic sams coupons